Friday 12 July 2013

Medical test

My first medical was done when i initially submitted my application. After 2 years i was sent a letter to undergo the medical assessment again.
Filling the Appendix C form:
This form is not complicated at all. At my first medical appointment, I took this form pre- filled. I filled all my forms with a black pen.
Quest number 3
Visa office that will be processing the file:
According to my information (and what I wrote)one has to write Islamabad in the given space.
Medical test number 1 :
I chose a hospital in Lahore for my medical test among the names of the doctors given on the website. I called the hospital and i was given the time for my medical test. As scheduled, i went to the hospital for my medical test. I signed some forms and then i was sent to the X-ray room. I was asked to wear a white gown and then my x-ray was taken. After the initial step my blood and urine samples were collected. After that, the nurse measured my height, weighed me, and i underwent a simple eye test as well. I was then called for physical test and then the doctor checked my blood pressure. The doctor also asked me some simple questions which included if i had undergone any surgery or no; whether I was taking any medicines; any medical history( Hepatitis or TB in the family) etc. etc.
Re-Medical:
Canadian embassy has changed its medical assessment centres and doctors in Pakistan. When i checked their website there were only 3 centres left for the whole Pakistan. The centres are in Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. I called and scheduled the appointment for my re medical on the given number. They asked me to bring 5 photographs, original passport, passport copy, the re medical form sent by the embassy, spectacles, any medical reports and 5600 rupees cash.
As i entered the centre, i was asked to show my passport. I was given a token number. My father who was accompanying me, had to give his national ID card and i had to sign in front of his name in the visitors book. After some time, i was called. The lady at the counter took my passport copy and entered some info in her computer. I gave 5600 rs medical fee at the cash counter. After some wait, i was called for the x-ray. The doctors there were very professional but friendly. My blood and urine samples were collected. Weight and height was measured and my eyesight was checked. My blood pressure was also checked like before. ( I hope I'm not missing any of the tests). After that i was called by another doctor and she asked me some simple questions and then there was a simple physical exam, later. Overall, the whole procedure was very simple and I was free to go back in 1 and a half hour !

No comments:

Post a Comment