Friday 12 July 2013

Applied for Canadian spouse visa! :)

Hello and Asalam u Alaikium everyone ! 
Its been quite a time since I've been searching around the internet to get help related to the spouse visa applications. I found that there was no website which could help us (the pakis) to find some useful information regarding the spouse visa forms , the medical and some other important stuff. As I've reached the point where I've filled up most of the forms and undergone the medical conducted for the spouse visa purpose; I would like to help all you guys out there applying for Canadian spouse visa.

It takes about 28 months for the Pakistani spouse to get the visa for Canada. 2 years back it was 24 months for the same class. A Pakistani spouse has to fill numerous forms like most of the other countries and usually we have to undergo the medical assessment twice. 

Important stuff for the submission of your Application:
1) A valid passport 
2) Your national id card
3) Your Nikah nama ( both in English and Urdu )*
4) Downloaded forms
5) Passport size pictures
6) Other pictures to support your case (of you and your spouse taken at numerous occasions)
7) Financial support proofs(money transfers)
8) Telephone bills(some people provide viber n other apps history too)
9) Medical test**
10) Police clearance certificate

* It is important to send your original nikah nama along with the other documents and forms.
**When I was to submit my application, I was very confused about getting my medical done before or not. My husband asked his uncle who is a lawyer in Canada about our concern. He told us that we need to get the medical test before we submit our application. 

Important note: I'm not an immigration lawyer or a professional. The sole purpose of this blog is to help you guys filling the forms and other related stuff. If you find that any information I provide is not correct please don't hesitate to correct me and increase my knowledge. Also refer to some other sites on the internet or any immigration lawyer if something's confusing here. All my knowledge is solely based on my personal experience and on line research. Please read all the instructions written on the document check list. Don't forget to sign all your forms as a missing signature means a delay in your processing case!
Make sure you have photocopies of all the documents and forms, as it will help you in the future.You can also fill your forms online and print them out. I printed my forms and hand filled it with a black pen. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. It was a learning and joyful read.

    ReplyDelete